Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Waving A Sword In Public

Yes, I said a sword. Okay, so maybe it is really a pen. If you want to be literal, a laptop, but lets just stay focused here. Have you ever heard your Heavenly Father tell you to do something? Have the Holy Spirit grab you by the earlobe and drag you towards something because hitting you over the head with it or multiple other signs didn't get your attention? Yeah, me too. That's why I am writing this. I can trace back a trillion little things that happened to get me to where I am sitting right this second, typing frantically and hoping that I may get a few readers who will relate to my completely unpolished and free flowing style of writing. The truth is, I happened to have a day off and The Holy Spirit said, "Make a blog". See, I opened my big mouth a few too many times and stated, "give me two years". Two years for what, you ask? Two years to get out what I want to say about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. I doubt I can cover it in that amount of time, but wait a second...Did I just say doubt?? We don't use that kind of language around here. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31. I'm a girl with a Sword of the Holy Spirit. I got this.

I haven't always been a Gospel Girl. I've been a selfish girl, a people-pleasing girl, a hot-tempered girl, a wild girl and often times a very irresponsible and self destructive girl. Sometimes when I look back at my life before I fell head over heels in love with Christ, I don't even recognize that girl; but I have learned to always love her. I've learned that I wouldn't be the sassy, sword-swinging sister in Christ that I am now if I hadn't been her. Jesus loves broken people and hot dog, does He love me!! So, here is what this blog will offer; my transparency, my wacky sense of humor, typos, bad grammar, lovey-dovey-mushy-God-stuff and a huge heaping of Grace. I don't care who you are, where you live, if you are a purple polka-dotted cyclops, I love you and my goal is to help you learn that God does, but even more. No matter what. It is never too late to accept this fact, it is never too late to claw your way out of what ever hole you have dug in your life and take that great, big gulp of fresh air that Jesus will provide for you. Shake your head, but please just hear me out. If the God who owns the skies, the God who created the galaxies is crazy about me and sought me out, I know He is crazy about you too and is so much closer than you think. You are exactly where you are meant to be and exactly who you are meant to be and He LOVES you like crazy, and once you turn your face towards Him, be ready. Be ready for the biggest love you've ever known, He is bigger than anything you have ever imagined. Tomorrow, we will talk about just how big God is. For now just simmer on this, "Delight yourself in the Lord" Psalm 37:4 and "He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" Zephaniah 3:17. God delights in me and sings over me? Time to get quiet and listen...He knows I'm a closet Neil Diamond fan. Peace be with you.

2 comments:

  1. "What a beautiful noise" you have begun! I look forward to the journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to enjoy it even more, we may have to cover PYT sometime.

    ReplyDelete